What to expect
Bikram yoga is a 90 minute hatha yoga practice of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises. The class is performed in a room intentionally heated to around 40 degrees which aids with flexibility and detoxification of all the systems of the body. Bikram yoga is the perfect practice for those wanting to improve their bodies and minds. It aids in increasing strength and flexibility as well as aiding with weight loss and improving mental clarity.
- All classes are 90 minutes.
- Please bring a yoga mat, a bottle of water and 2 large towels, (one to cover your mat & one to shower with). These items are available for rent/purchase at the studio.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal 2 hours prior to the class. A light snack such as a banana and a coconut water is a great energy booster before class!
- Be prepared to sweat as the room is hot by intention.
- Wear clothing you can move and sweat in – shorts and tank top are great!
- To have the best experience please arrive early. Doors open 30 minutes before classes start and close 2 minutes before the scheduled class time. This is to ensure all classes run on time and to keep the building secure while sessions are running. Latecomers will not be admitted.
- Please inform your teacher of any injuries or health problems you may have. Having injuries should not stop you from practicing your yoga, however by informing your teachers it will help them to be able to guide you accordingly.
- Minimum age to participate in the 90 minute Bikram yoga classes is 14 years old. These children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the class. All children under the age of 16 years are required to have their registration form co-signed by a parent or guardian. We reserve the right to refuse admission if these requirements are not met.
- Make sure you are well hydrated BEFORE you come to class.
- There is no need to book. If it is your first time please turn up at least 15 minutes before class.